Here are some verses and questions for when you are getting together with your small group.
Read: Colossians 2:8; Colossians 3:1-4; 2 Corinthians 10:4-6
- What are some of these philosophies or human traditions that we have to deal with?
- What kind of weapons has Jesus given to us to destroy these arguments?
Read: Matthew 4:1-11
- What does Jesus’ reaction on the three temptation say about His character?
- How do the three temptation relate to 1 John 2:16, and what does that mean for us?
Read: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Jude 1:20-21
- How does 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 relate to the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)?
- What does it mean to “keep yourself in the love of God”?
Read: 2 Timothy 2:3-6; 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- What do the three analogies of the soldier, athlete and farmer mean?
- How do you exercise self-control in all things?
Read: Matthew 6:24; Titus 3:14
- What are possible masters in your life that you need to get rid off?
- What are good works that are needed in your city or neighborhood?
Transformed Influence: Lead the Way Jesus Led
Read: John 13:1-11; Acts 4:5-13
- What does Jesus’ washing of the disciples’ feet tell you about influence and/or leading?
- How did the apostles’ discipleship by Jesus affect their mission?